Future directions for IA?
OK, so information architects love to argue over what it is they do—part of the growing pains of a young profession, I think.
Lou Rosenfeld reframes the question: "what will we be doing in ten years that's completely different? Or will information architects continue to see their jobs as being about creating wire frames and blueprints? Please God, I hope not."
Lou's got his own suggestions:
- » Distinguishing users' information needs
- » Determining content granularity
- » Developing hybrid architectures
- » Presenting search results better
- » Understanding and using metadata
- » Rolling out enterprise-wide architectures
Any problems with the site?